Seahorse Eco Safaris is located on the Misgunst Farm, near the coastal town of Vleesbaai. Vleesbaai is at the western end of the scenic Garden Route in the Western Cape, about 35km from Mossel Bay, and a 45 minute’s drive from George Airport.
Cornelia Kruger, the owner of Seahorse Eco Safaris, is your experienced guide on unique horse riding tours and adventure options, and caters for local and international tourists, and riders of all levels of experience. Various adventurous and educational horseback safaris and day rides are available for beginners to advanced riders, through rare Renosterveld vegetation, wild farm land, dune sections, and spectacular views of an unspoilt bay. For more information about these horseback adventures, go to www.seahorseecosafaris.co.za.
Seahorse Eco Safaris Adventure Options:
- Dune Ride: for beginners and experienced riders; about 2 hours ride through some endangered Renosterveld, coastal thicket and a mobile dune section.
- Ocean/Beach Ride: about 3 hours scenic ride through some endangered Renosterveld, coastal thicket and a mobile dune section to the beach; you need to be able to do a rising trot and canter.
- Cape Vacca Point: about 30km or 4-5 hours horse riding through the endangered Renosterveld, coastal thicket, through a mobile dune section to the beach, into Cape Vacca Private Nature Reserve, around the point, along the coast, up the Gourits River and back through farm fields; you must be fit, and able to trot and canter.
OVERNIGHT ADVENTURES (for Adventure Seekers):
- OPTION 1: Gorge Overnight Adventure, 2 days riding, 1 night camping.
- OPTION 2a: Ocean Ride Overnight Adventure (set up your own camp, self catering or catering option).
- OPTION 2b: Beach House Option (accommodation in luxury beach house, minimum of 2 night stay; 2 days riding & 2 nights accommodation.
RIDING & YOGA RETREATS:
- All inclusive Horse Riding, Yoga and Accommodation Packages for an ultimate Garden Route Retreat – accommodation in a luxury beach house, vegetarian meals and snacks, yoga sessions, and horse riding (minimum of 4 people to host retreat).
HORSE RIDING SCHOOL:
- EquesNature Horse Riding School – Natural Riding Lessons for Kids (2 – 12 years old); Teens (13 to 18 years old) and Adults (19+ years old).
- Training Techniques: gentle handling of well trained horses that are ridden bitless and barefoot.
- Specials & Discounts on bundle lessons.
Seahorse Eco Safaris Contact Details:
Contact Person: Cornelia Kruger
Tel: +27 (0) 79 883 5386
Seahorse Eco Safaris