Lechwe Lodge is a wildlife sanctuary 10 kilometres from Kroonstad, and is home to more than 30 species of wildlife. Our wildlife include the lechwe buck, springbuck, gemsbok, nyala impala, kudu, waterbuck, bushbuck, sable antelope, giraffe, cape buffalo, black and blue wildebeest, bontebok, southern reedbuck, zebra, red hartebeest, blesbuck, steenbuck, warthog & lion. Photographic enthusiasts can get a close-up of nature’s splendour and bird watchers have the opportunity to observe the diversity of species in their natural habitat.
Lechwe Lodge has 28 thatched self-catering chalets, each with en-suite bathroom, braai, kitchen and lounge. Our chalets are fully serviced daily. We can accommodate up to 70 people on the premises.
Although conservation is of prime importance to us, trophy hunting is allowed during the hunting season in order to restore any ecological imbalance. Lechwe Lodge offers the hunter a wide variety of species in their unspoilt natural habitat while a professional hunter will ensure a successful expedition and a most pleasant stay.
The Lechwe Lodge Boskamp is perfect for conference and teambuilding groups, who want to gather for meetings away from the city. The Boskamp is also very popular with groups of hunters who want to stay in the bush. The Boskamp has 15 chalets, conference hall, volley ball court, badminton and other games.
- Boskamp 1, 2, 3, 4 : Open plan bedroom (double bed) with shower, toilet, washbin, television and aircon. Kettle for tea and coffee. No kitchen.
- Boskamp 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10 : Chalet comprises of bedroom (2 single beds), bathroom (shower, toilet and washbin). Self-catering kitchen with fridge and microwave. Television and aircon. Braai in front of chalet.
- Boskamp 11 : Open plan bedroom (2 single beds) with bath, washbin and seperate toilet. Television and aircon. Kettle for tea and coffee. No kitchen.
- Boskamp 12 : Open plan bedroom (double bed) with bath, washbin and seperate toilet. Television and aircon. Kettle for tea and coffee. No kitchen.
- Boskamp 13 : Open plan bedroom (double bed) with shower, washbin and seperate toilet. Television and aircon. Kettle for tea and coffee. No kitchen.
- Boskamp 14, 15 : Open plan bedroom (double bed) with shower, washbin and toilet. Television and aircon. Kettle for tea and coffee. No kitchen.
We offer companies the opportunity to conduct their business meetings, brainstorming and leisure activities in the serenity of a game sanctuary, providing a welcome relief from the stressful corporate environment. Lechwe Lodge is very popular for its conference and team-building facilities. The conference rooms at Lechwe Lodge can accommodate from 10 to a 250 delegates.
Lechwe Lodge also offer a wedding chapel, safari type banqueting hall and a honeymoon suite. We do full function co-ordination and will ensure your reception hall is the next surprise after the warm Chapel experience! Lechwe Lodge invites you to experience the biggest day of your life in our exceptional little chapel and safari-type banqueting hall which can accommodate 300 people. Our banqueting hall can accommodate 300 people. Discuss your ideas with us, and we will make the rest happen! We know how important the table settings are, and our professional team will ensure the best quality in flower stands, cutlery and crockery, table overlays, chair covers, and all the little extras to give your Reception a sophisticated touch and make it a fairy tale event. It is known that the cuisine is always a major topic of discussion after the Wedding day. We never compromise on quality and delight!
The honeymoon room was specifically designed with the new Bridal couple in mind. The Bride and her Groom can enjoy a romantic stay in our exquisite Honeymoon suite. The room is luxurious, with a lovely bathroom and lounge area. It is spacious, with beautiful views opening on the dam. Your privacy is ensured, and the only “visitors” you can expect are the animals roaming the area.
Contact Details for Lechwe Lodge:
072 884 9919