Family Getaways Mpumalanga. Komati Gorge Lodge provides 4 star, pet friendly accommodation in self catering suites, cottages and a camping site. It is a wildlife reserve and fly fishing destination with breathtaking scenery. We offer a host of activities to keep the whole family busy. Come join us for a relaxing, fun filled and action packed holiday!
Family Getaways in Mpumalanga – Activities:
- TEAM BUILDING – team building activities
- 4×4 DRIVES – 4×4 trails & Game Drives in an open vehicle
- CANOEING – paddle up the river or tubing down the rapids when the river is flowing strong.
- ROCK CLIMBING – 4 marked routes and a 30m abseil route. Rock Climbing is done with your own equipment
- FISHING – six designated spots for fly fishermen to try their luck with the abundant trout or yellow fish. You can also opt to go upstream with the canoe in search of some more prime spots. There are also three well-stocked trout dams on the reserve; the Lodge dam, Otter dam and Fish Eagle Dam
- HIKING – 2 Hiking Trails, The Ibis trial is between 1-2 hours, whereas the Aloe trial is 3-4 hours’ worth of pure indulgence in our pristine nature reserve with sights that include caves, a waterfall and stone ruins
- HORSE RIDING – a 30 minute or 1.5-hour trial through the reserve with trained guide
- QUAD TOURS – guided tours, various quad trials for the inexperienced and more experienced quad bikers.
- RAFTING – a rubber boat for hire when the water is flowing strong and a couple of tractor tubes for hours of fun. Canoes are also available for our guests.
- MOUNTAIN BIKING – between 20 to 30 kilometers of trails on the reserve and more can be found around the Lodge in the area. Difficulty ranges from Easy (Marked as Green), Challenging (Marked as Blue) and Death Wish (Marked as Black). Mountain biking or normal cycling is allowed anywhere on the reserve.
- PAINTBALL – a basic package for 3 hours use of the range that includes the paintball gun, a 12oz gas bottle, 115 paintballs, a protective mask and a jacket.
- ARCHERY – 45 or 65 pound compound bow and you can enjoy an entire hour’s worth of target shooting
- KOMATI GORGE SPA & MASSAGES – treatments include a full body Swedish massage, full body aromatherapy massage, back neck & shoulder massage, Indian head massage and a foot massage. All treatments need to be booked at least 4 days in advance.
- WEDDING, PARTY & CONFERENCE FACILITIES
Family Getaways Mpumalanga – Komati Gorge Lodge Contact Details:
Office: 017 8433920
Office: 017 8433904
Home: 017 8433919
Fax: 017 843 1497
Vox Satellite Phone: 087 150 0003
Cell / Whatsapp: 082 217 7521