Mountain Trout Lodge aka Waterfall Trout Lodge is located on the mountainous escarpment at the edge of the Mpumalanga Highveld, and is characterised by rolling grass fields, waterfalls and rivers. The guest farm is situated on the R38 between Carolina and Badplaas, about 2.5 hours from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and provides a tranquil getaway destination from the hectic city life.
Mountain Trout Lodge offers comfortable, self-catering cottages and houses, as well as trout fishing facilities and 4 well stock trout dams catering for beginners and professional fly fishermen.
Mountain Trout Lodge facilities:
- Accommodation – Self Catering Cottages & Houses.
- Cosy double story thatch with an additional rondavel, overlooking the Homestead dam – accommodates 12 people in 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 showers, a lounge with fireplace, a dining room and open plan kitchen.
- Fishermen’s Cottage overlooking the Homestead dam, sleeps 4 people.
- Main House – three bedrooms sleeping 6 people, 2 bathrooms, dining room, lounge with fire place, bar area with pool table.
- 2 Sleeper Flat off Main House – own shower/toilet and kitchen.
- Trout Fishing – 4 well stocked dams.
- Activities – Fishing, Walking through indigenous forest, Hiking up the mountain to the waterfall, Mountain Biking on farm roads, Birdwatching, and more.
Mountain Trout Lodge aka Waterfall Trout Lodge Contact Details:
076 020 3059
Mountain Trout Lodge
R38 between Carolina and Badplaas